BEAN provides free developmental screenings, referrals, and resources. Monthly parenting classes offered throughout Butler County.
Camp is a summer recreational and leisure day program for children and young adults, kindergarten enrollees – 18 years of age.
Persons over 18 years can attend if they have been enrolled in an educational program during the previous school year.
- Serves children and young adults with disabilities.
- Children and young adults will receive individual attention, assistance, and supervision as needed.
- An appropriate option for children who have restricted mobility and/or use of wheelchairs as their primary form of mobility.
- We will work around your child’s Extended School Year Schedule.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack are provided
Camp SSTAR is an innovative and life-changing program for children who learn differently. At Heartspring, we value and understand the growing needs and services required to help children within Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and similar symptoms stay on track and prosper over the summer months. Evidence suggests that children with a diagnosis of ASD do better when structure, consistency, and maintenance skills are delivered and taught.
We provide a camp experience that is available for eight weeks, offering your children exposure to the following:
- Executive functioning skills
- Receptive language
- Social skills development
- Expressive language
- Imitation and joint attention skills
- Concept formation skills
- Self-regulation and care
- Environmental readiness
- Neurophysiological development
- Nonverbal language acquisition
- Generalization skills
- Group attending skills
Youth Education Summer Socialization Program (YESS) is a 10 week summer program serving students ages 5-21 with developmental disabilities. The program offers a half day of education in classroom settings; half day of recreation in the community Monday through Thursdays; and Friday is a recreation day filled with community based socialization activities. The program is designed to help students retain what they have learned during the school year while developing improved communication and socialization skills.