The City of Derby invites you to Third Thursday on September 21 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Madison Avenue Central Park! Enjoy art, music, food trucks and more.
Be sure to stop by our other participating locations this month including the Derby Public Library, the Derby Historical Museum, First Man Brewery and the Hubbard Arts Center (see details below).
Here is what you will find at Madison Avenue Central Park:
• Featured artist: Mickey Shannon, Deb Thomas and Lari Howard.
• Hand-made quilts created by the Derby Senior Center will also be on display
• Drinks by First Man Brewery, Grace Hill Winery, Shaken or Stirred Bartending.
• Food trucks including Busy B’s, Cheezepanzee, El Gusto, Funky Monkey Munchies, Honey and Rue’s, Taters ‘N’ Toppings, Tickled Pink and Want Bierocks.
• Entertainment in the amphitheater: We start the night with demonstrations/performances by the Derby Dance Company at 5:20 p.m. followed by Ballet Wichita at 5:40 p.m. Then the Derby Recreation Commission will host their annual Sing Off from 6 to 8 p.m. Enjoy the talent from several local artists throughout the night!
• Check out the Kansas Grown Farmers Market, quilts by the Derby Senior Center and more on the event lawn.
Sing Off details
Top talent from Derby and the surrounding area will be performing live at the amphitheater to earn the title of Derby Sing Off champion! Ten finalists will perform at Third Thursday.
Other participating locations include:
• The Derby Public Library, 1600 Walnut Grove, 6 to 8 p.m.
Open Reception for photographers, Steve Marler and Barney Tull. Jeffrey Gowen oil and pastels featured in the High Wall Gallery. Enjoy live music by On Tap and more.
• Tours of the Derby Historical Museum, 710 E. Market St., 5 to 8 p.m.
• Hubbard Arts Center, 309 N. Woodlawn, 5 to 7 p.m. Dedication ceremony for Gary Behrens.
• First Man Brewery, 437 E. Madison Avenue. 3 to 10 p.m.
Zach Arroyo glass and mixed media art will be on display.
• The Sandbox, 2412 N. Rock Rd., 7 to 10 p.m. Live music on the patio.
Third Thursday is a City of Derby event free to the public. A special thanks to our 2023 sponsors, the Derby Public Library and Derby Arts Council.
*Alcoholic beverages acquired inside of the park must stay inside the park grounds