I saw a meme a while back that said “Who knew that the hardest part of being an adult is figuring out what to cook for dinner every single night for the rest of your life?” and let me tell you, I FEEL that in my soul. As much as I love the experience of cooking a delicious meal from scratch for my family, ain’t nobody got time for that every single day.
Like so many other moms, sometimes dinner is rushed and I don’t have time for anything elaborate, or my brain is just done for the day and I don’t want to have to think of what to make. At the same time, I don’t want to waste money pickup up takeout every night. So what’s a gal to do?
Head to Trader Joe’s, that’s what! Since they opened last fall, the meal-planning part of my life has been made easier thanks to their frozen section and refrigerated heat-and-go options. They have so many choices to help streamline mealtime. I try to keep at least a few of these combinations on hand at all times, so when I get home from work later than expected or I’m just not feeling like cooking, I have easy, delicious meals available.
My life motto lately is KISS – Keep It Simple, Stupid, and these meals fit the bill. All of these options just require heating and serving – I use my air fryer and/or microwave for most of them so cleanup is a breeze! *This is in no way sponsored by TJ’s – a girl can dream!
- BBQ Chicken Teriyaki + Stir Fry Veggies + Frozen Rice
- Mandarin orange chicken gets a lot of love – but don’t sleep on the BBQ Chicken Teriyaki. The sauce is delectable!
- Mandarin Orange Chicken + Vegetable Fried Rice + Chinese Style Pork Buns
- Pork Gyoza Potstickers + Miso Vegetables & Brown Rice Sautee Kit
- Mini Chicken/Beef Tacos + Refried Beans + Southwestern Chopped Salad
- Chipotle Vegetable Quesadillas + Cuban Black Beans + Mexican-Style Roasted Corn
- Traditional Meatloaf + Frozen Mashed Potatoes + Carrot Coins
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage + Roasted Potatoes with Peppers & Onions
- Turkey Corn Dogs + Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese + Carrot Coins
- Gyro Meat + Garlic Naan + Hummus + Mediterranean Salad Kit
- Saucy Scallops with Mushrooms + Frozen Rice
- Meat Lasagna + Caesar Salad Kit
- Seafood Paella
- Battered Fish Nuggets + Root Vegetable Fries
- Garlic Chicken Sausage + Stuffed Gnocchi + Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Chicken Sausage + Ravioli (take your pick, so many options!) + Caesar Salad Kit
- Cacio e Pepe Frozen Pasta + Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage + Broccoli
Want to know what else our team loves from TJ’s? Check it out here!