In a world full of stuff, non-toy experience gifts are the best!
How many times has a child begged for a toy, played with it for one or two days, and then it’s long forgotten and discovered under the couch months later.
Of course toys are fun for gift-giving, but we are big fans of giving experience gifts too. Experience gifts can help create a more well rounded child and aid in discovering where children’s interests and talents lie. And most importantly, they create memories, which help families grow together. Memories simply cannot be outgrown, purchased, or donated.
Here are some of our favorite experience gift ideas for Wichita kids:
- Membership or passes to Botanica, Tanganyika Wildlife Park, or Sedgwick County Zoo
- Gift card to favorite restaurant or pizza parlor
- Ballet Lessons
- Manicure/Pedicure gift cards *great for little girls and teens
- Drive-In Movie Passes
- Rock climbing gift card to Bliss Bouldering & Climbing
- Movie Tickets *you can actually rent the AMC movie theatre for $99
- Ice skating passes
- Ice cream shop gift cards
- Art Lessons from Monart at The Art Park, Mark Arts , or Wichita Art Museum
- Cooking classes
- Tickets to concerts or sporting events *perfect for tweens and teens
- Music Lessons or classes from Riverside Music Together or Music Together of Wichita
- Mini Golf passes or amusement/arcade tickets
- Gift card to create at Paint the Town
- My Gym Classes *use code WM50 for 50% off membership and classes at My Gym
- Book store gift card
- Passes to Trampoline Parks
- Museum Memberships
- Waterpark Passes
- Bowling Passes
- Musical Instrument from Senseney and Music Lessons
- Horse Back Riding Lessons from Wichita Riding Academy
- Tickets to a Music Theatre Wichita show for older kiddos *season tickets if you really love them
- Wichita Children’s Theatre tickets
- Driving Range
- Spa Day
What would you add to this experience gifts list?
Be sure to check out our Ultimate Gift Guide for all your gifting needs!