Things to Do in Wichita this Month – November 2022
No matter the season, there are always fun things to in Wichita with kids (and without!). Welcome to Wichita’s best-kept and up-to-date event listing!
Whether you are prepping to host Thanksgiving dinner for the first time or just looking for a new local coffee shop to ward off winter chill, we’ve always got you covered. Don’t forget all the holiday events and things to do – right here, for your entertainment.
We are thrilled to bring this resource in collaboration with one of our favorite community partners: Botanica! To make planning easy, we are excited to highlight their November events below:
Illuminations – Bring your whole family to experience the enchanted Christmas holiday display from November 18th-December 31st that’s back and better than ever. Enjoy hot chocolate, snacks and light shows all at Botanica. Don’t miss out on the magic this season and buy your tickets today. Prepurchase tickets only – none will be sold at the door: $13 Adults/$9 Children & Members/2 & under are FREE.
A Holiday to Remember Garden Glow – Thursday, November 17th, 6:30-9:30 pm. Be the first to marvel at the spectacular new additions to Illuminations and enjoy festive food and entertainment. There will be live music, holiday dance performances, a holiday boutique, magician, horse-drawn hay wagons & more. This event is presented by the Botanica Pistils. Tickets available online only by November 10th. There will be a cash bar and this is for adults only.
Illuminations “Golf Cart” Tour – Book your personalized “GOLF CART” tour now and see Illuminations, Wichita’s premier light display, in style. You and four friends can ride in a golf cart for a personalized tour of the lights. Available beginning November 18 on a limited basis. Tours begin at 4:15 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. and are about 45 minutes in length, (includes admission). Tour includes a refreshing beverage and tasty treat! Cost: $125 for up to 5 guests; $100 minimum per golf cart. Larger parties may be accommodated with a second golf cart. Each person over the age of 3 years old will be included in tour price. For more information & to book a tour, contact Janet Lyda: 316-264-0448, ext. 109 or [email protected]
Botanica’s events can be found here!
Things to Do in Wichita | November 2022
November 1, 2022
November 2, 2022
November 4, 2022
November 5, 2022
November 6, 2022
November 7, 2022
November 8, 2022
November 9, 2022
November 10, 2022
November 11, 2022
November 12, 2022
November 13, 2022
November 14, 2022
November 15, 2022
November 16, 2022
November 17, 2022
November 18, 2022
November 19, 2022
November 20, 2022
November 21, 2022
November 22, 2022
November 23, 2022
November 25, 2022
November 26, 2022
November 27, 2022
November 28, 2022
November 29, 2022
November 30, 2022
More events will be added as the month goes on – check back soon!
If you have an event to add, you can do that here.
Wichita Mom Community Groups
Wichita Mom Community Groups are having all kids of activities in your neighborhood and connecting online to share recommendations and advice. Click here to join your Community Group.
Regularly Scheduled Programming
Many local places have recurring events that are great for moms and families, and you can find them here:
- Aviate has Junior Jump Monday through Friday for the younger crowd.
- Botanica has a Garden Storytime every Thursday morning, in the Children’s Library or weather permitting in the gardens.
- Sensory Friendly play at Exploration Place on the second Sunday of every month
- Urban Air has Jumparoo Toddler Jump every Tuesday and Friday.
- Home Depot has a free Kids’ DIY workshop on the first Saturday of every month.
- Family Night at Museum of World Treasures is the first Thursday of the month.
- Every Friday the Kansas Aviation Museum has a special ticket price for families.
- Make ICT has free access to their makerspace every other Monday.
- Kansas Children’s Service League has a support group for Parents of Special Needs Children on the third Monday of every month.
- Moxi Junction hosts story and craft time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30am.
Other Resources for Things to Do with Kids in Wichita