Things to Do in Wichita this Month
No matter the season, there are always fun things to in Wichita with kids (and without!). Welcome to Wichita’s best-kept and up-to-date event listing!
We love February! If you are looking for ideas for Valentine’s Day gifts, crafts to make with the kids, or even just ideas for dinner and wine pairings, we’ve got you covered. For even more February fun keep scrolling!
February 13, 10:30am. Help us celebrate the love of family and friends with special stories, songs, activities, and crafts. Special Valentine’s snacks will be available in the Café and carousel rides begin at noon! Children of all ages welcome with a participating adult, included with admission or membership.
Wednesdays, 12:15-1pm. Lunch is served from 11am-12:15pm for only $8. Lectures are included with membership or admission.
This raffle benefits the Koch Carousel Gardens at Botanica, the Wichita Gardens! Enter to win a 2019 XLTE F150 Truck: 4 Wheel Drive | 3.5 Eco Boost and Tow Package | Fx4, 20” 6 spoke wheels | 36-gallon fuel tank. ONLY $10 TO ENTER! You can enter as many times as you want. The drawing will be held on February 2, 2020. Thank you to Mel Hambelton Ford for the generous donation!
Sedgwick County Zoo
Migrate to the Zoo for Winter Wednesdays! Every Wednesday from November through February, general admission tickets are only $3 per person.
February 15, 6-8pm, $35 members, $40 nonmembers. Cocktails and light hors d’ouevres will be served while we learn about love in the animal kingdom. Registration required, 21+.
Things to Do in Wichita | February 2020
January 28, 2020
January 29, 2020
January 30, 2020
January 31, 2020
February 1, 2020
February 2, 2020
February 3, 2020
February 4, 2020
February 5, 2020
February 6, 2020
February 7, 2020
February 8, 2020
February 9, 2020
February 10, 2020
February 11, 2020
February 12, 2020
February 13, 2020
February 14, 2020
February 15, 2020
February 16, 2020
February 17, 2020
February 18, 2020
February 19, 2020
February 20, 2020
February 21, 2020
February 22, 2020
February 23, 2020
February 24, 2020
February 25, 2020
February 26, 2020
February 27, 2020
February 28, 2020
More events will be added as the month goes on – check back soon!
If you have an event to add, you can do that here.
Wichita Mom Community Group Meet-Ups in February 2020
Wichita Mom Community Groups are having all kids of activities in your neighborhood and connecting online to share recommendations and advice. Click here to join your Community Group, and see below for what’s going on near you this month.
South Wichita/Derby Moms are having moms’ night out on February 11 at the Derby Public Library.
East Wichita/Andover Moms will celebrate Galentines on February 6 at Cocoa Dolce.
Regularly Scheduled Programming
Many local places have recurring events that are great for moms and families, and you can find them here:
- Aviate has Junior Jump Monday through Friday for the younger crowd.
- Botanica has a Garden Storytime every Thursday morning, in the Children’s Library or weather permitting in the gardens.
- Sensory Friendly play at Exploration Place on the second Sunday of every month
- Urban Air has Jumparoo Toddler Jump every Tuesday and Friday.
- Home Depot has a free Kids’ DIY workshop on the first Saturday of every month.
- Family Night at Museum of World Treasures is the first Thursday of the month.
- Every Friday the Kansas Aviation Museum has a special ticket price for families.
- Make ICT has free access to their makerspace every other Monday.
- Kansas Children’s Service League has a support group for Parents of Special Needs Children on the third Monday of every month.
- Moxi Junction hosts story and craft time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30am.