2023 Farmers Markets In & Around Wichita, KS
Tips for making the most of your Farmers Market experience:
- Research the markets before you go. Sign up for newsletters and browse their websites and Facebook pages to see which vendors will be attending and what kind of special entertainment will be available.
- Arrive early for the best selection. Many items sell out fast!
- Walk the perimeter before making a purchase. There will likely be several vendors selling similar items, so make sure you look at everything before deciding on a particular product. You don’t want to buy a dozen zucchini at the first vendor only to find cheaper and better looking zucchini at another vendor.
- Bring cash, especially smaller bills so that you won’t have to rely on vendors to make change. Many vendors accept credit and/or debit cards, but it’s always best to have cash on hand.
- Bring your own reusable bags. Reusable bags are more sturdy and can hold more merchandise than the plastic bags used by vendors.
- If you want to bring your dog, double check that the market allows pets. Not all markets are pet-friendly, and you definitely don’t want to leave your pup in the car on a hot summer day while you shop!
- Go with an open mind and try something new! Ask vendors advice on how to use their products. You may walk away with a few new recipes or ideas!
While Saturday is by far the most popular day for Farmers Markets, you can find local markets various days of the week. Below is a list of various markets found throughout the Wichita area:
Farmers Markets in Wichita, KS
835 E. First Street
- Outdoor Market runs April-October | Saturdays from 8am-1pm
- Indoor Market runs November-December | Saturdays from 10am-2pm
Fresh produce and baked goods, tastings, community yoga, demonstrations & presentations, live entertainment, and events.
Kansas Grown West – 21st & Ridge in Wichita
April 2023 – October 2023
Saturdays from 7am-12pm
Kansas Grown Derby – 512 E. Madison Ave.
May 2023 – October 2023
Saturdays from 8am-12pm
Ultra-fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, farm fresh eggs, hand-harvested honey, baked goods, flowers, art, live entertainment, and even cooking demonstrations!
Wichita-Metro Area Farmers Markets
Haysville Historic District – 100 S. Main St., Haysville, KS
June 2023-August 2023
Saturdays from 8am-12pm
Kechi United Methodist Church – 4533 E 61st Street N, Kechi, KS
June 2, 2022 – September 2022
Thursdays from 4pm-6:30 pm