Tips for making the most of your Farmers Market experience:
- Research the markets before you go. Sign up for newsletters and browse their websites and Facebook pages to see which vendors will be attending and what kind of special entertainment will be available.
- Arrive early for the best selection. Many items sell out fast!
- Walk the perimeter before making a purchase. There will likely be several vendors selling similar items, so make sure you look at everything before deciding on a particular product. You don’t want to buy a dozen zucchini at the first vendor only to find cheaper and better looking zucchini at another vendor.
- Bring cash, especially smaller bills so that you won’t have to rely on vendors to make change. Many vendors accept credit and/or debit cards, but it’s always best to have cash on hand.
- Bring your own reusable bags. Reusable bags are more sturdy and can hold more merchandise than the plastic bags used by vendors.
- If you want to bring your dog, double check that the market allows pets. Not all markets are pet-friendly, and you definitely don’t want to leave your pup in the car on a hot summer day while you shop!
- Go with an open mind and try something new! Ask vendors advice on how to use their products. You may walk away with a few new recipes or ideas!
Updated for 2020 Markets & COVID-19 Plans
While Saturday is by far the most popular day for Farmers Markets, you can find local markets various days of the week. Below is a list of various markets found throughout the Wichita area:
Farmers Markets in Wichita
- Funky Fresh Farmers Market (virtual online market!)
- Order online for pickup or delivery
- 650 E. 2nd St. N. Wichita, KS 67202
- Wednesday & Saturday 11am-6pm
- Old Town Farmer & Art Market – Downtown Wichita
- Farm and Art Market Square (1st & Mosley)
- 150 N Mosley St, Wichita, KS
- Saturdays from 8am – 1pm
- COVID-19 Market Guidance
- Kansas Grown Farmers Market – West Wichita
- 21st & Ridge in Wichita
- Saturdays from 7am – Noon
- Kansas Grown Farmers Market – Union Station
- 701 E. Douglas
- Wednesdays from 3pm-6pm
Wichita-Metro Area Farmers Markets
- Kansas Grown Farmers Market – Derby
- Madison Avenue Central Park
- 512 E. Madison Avenue Derby, KS
- Saturdays from 8 am – Noon
- Haysville Hometown Market
- Haysville Historic District
- 100 S. Main St., Haysville, KS
- Saturdays from 8 am – 11 am June 2020-September 2020
- Kechi Farmers Market
- Kechi United Methodist Church
- 4533 E 61st Street N, Kechi, KS
- Thursdays from 4 pm – 6:30 pm planning to open June 4th, 2020
- The Original El Dorado Farmers Market
- Walnut Valley Packing LLC
- 1000 South Main, El Dorado, KS
- Saturdays from 8 am – 12 pm
- Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4 pm – 6 pm