After the year we’ve had (including our kids!), we all deserve a fun weekend with the family. Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City is just under 3 hours away and offers lodging, a water park, slides, swimming, dining, and special activities for the kids.
They have implemented various health and safety standards to help “keep your pack safe”, and you can check out the overview of the program here. *Masks were required indoors for everyone over the age of 5, with a few exceptions (face coverings not required while in the water or eating, etc).
The great part about the Great Wolf Lodge indoor waterpark is there is something for all ages. We saw quite a few mamas of little itty bitty babies while they watched their toddlers splash in the pool. And our girls are finally at the age where they are no longer nervous on big water slides. There really is something for all ages.
For the Littles:
*The following have max heights, making these spots for toddlers and preschool age kids
- Whooping Hollow: Mini slides perfect for toddlers and preschoolers
- Cub Paw Pool: Little pool with interactive spray features and swimming
For the Big Kids:
- Howling Wolf Slide – the largest slide, going indoors and outdoors, where you can ride solo or with up to three people *min. height 48″
- The Triple Twist Slide – this was my girls’ favorite, and they consider it a “dare devil’s favorite” as it is one of the longer slides and twists and turns and drops through three funnels. *min. height 48″
- Alberta Falls Slide – ride tandem down this family fun slide *min. height 42″
For the Whole Family:
- Fort Mackenzie – this four-story interactive water fort is great for kids of all ages. With smaller slides (fun for parents and kids!) and splash features. My kiddos, ages 8 and 6, absolutely loved the giant bucket of water that tips and surprises you with a big splash. *min. height 42″
- Crooked Creek – who doesn’t love a lazy river?!
- Chinook Cove & Big Foot Pass – play basketball and balance on the floating lily pads
In addition to the waterpark, there are fun mini events and activities throughout the day for kids. There are multiple character visits from Wiley and Violet the Wolves, bedtime stories with the wolves, craft time, dance parties, yoga, performances, and more.
Additionally, there is an arcade, Build-a-Bear, candy shop, dessert shop (with coffee for the parents), restaurants, and interactive games and activities throughout the resort.
Be sure to check out our Favorite Weekend Getaways from Wichita – Great Wolf Lodge was included in this list too!
Thank you to Great Wolf Lodge for providing an expenses paid stay. All opinions are my own.