Sponsored by the NBC World Series.
Bring the whole family out for the 88th NBC World Series, powered by Evergy, August 1st-6th at WSU’s Eck Stadium. There is entertainment for everyone all tournament long, including a Youth Jersey Giveaway on Friday for the first 500 kids 12 and under, and post-game fireworks on Championship Night. So, whether you’re looking for an affordable place to take the kids to run around, a little bit of Wichita baseball history, or a great night out with friends, the NBC World Series is the perfect place!
For 88 years, the NBC World Series has provided a piece of baseball Americana in Kansas, with community-based teams from all corners of the United States competing for a National Championship. Currently the NBC World Series is one of the oldest continuous sporting events in all of the United States. Over 800 players who have competed in the series have gone on to play for Major League Baseball, including Tony Gwynn, Tom Seaver, Ozzie Smith and Albert Pujols.
- Photo by Fred Solis.
What’s happening for fans in 2022?
*All Tournament Long*
- Youth Wear a Jersey, Get in Free! promotion, presented by Evergy.
- All youth who wear their youth team baseball or softball jersey to the game receive free entry, when accompanied by a paid adult
- Parking is FREE at WSU’s Eck Stadium
- Monday, August 1 – Healthcare Heroes Day
- Free ticket for all local healthcare workers with work ID at the box office
- Tuesday, August 2 – Teacher Appreciation Day presented by Mel Hambleton Ford
- Free ticket for all local educators and school employees with work ID at the box office
Note: Wednesday, August 3 is an off day, with no games
- Thursday, August 4 – Military & First Responders Day, presented by Davis-Moore Auto Group
- Free ticket for all military members and first responders with work ID at the box office
- Friday, August 5 – Youth Jersey Giveaway, presented by Burns & McDonnell
- Jersey giveaway for the first 500 kids ages 12 and under
- Hall of Fame Ceremony – After the completion of the 6:00pm game
- Saturday, August 6 – Championship Night with Post-Game Fireworks, presented by Kansas Gas Service, Black Hills Energy and Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline.
On Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, gates open at 11:00am, with games at 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 8:30, and your ticket is good for the full day’s slate of games! Friday gates open at 5:00 with games at 6:00 and 8:30, and Saturday’s Championship Night gates open at 6:00 with first pitch at 7:00pm and fireworks following the game.
How much are tickets?
Tickets for each day of the 2022 NBC World Series in Wichita are $9 for general admission, or $12 for reserved seating. Tickets are all-inclusive of taxes and fees when purchased in person at the box office, with only a small service charge on online ticket purchases.
To purchase tickets, or for more details about the tournament visit NBCBaseball.com or the NBC World Series Ticketing Site.
The National Baseball Congress World Series is America’s premier summer collegiate National Championship, and has been played in Wichita since its inception in 1935. Over 800 NBC World Series alum have gone on to play in Major League Baseball.