Sponsored by Heartspring.
Need a fun summer activity for your whole family? Heartspring’s Wichita CAREfest has you covered. It is a festival full of awesome events all for a great cause on Saturday, August 27, 2022, on the Heartspring campus!
Wichita CAREfest has a bit of everything including the Autism CARE Walk, PedalFest bicycle rides, a 5K run, a car show, food trucks, music including a concert by Groove 42, and plenty of activities for everyone. So, walk, roll and help us meet our fundraising goal at Heartspring’s CAREfest where YOU fit in.
Click here to register!
Here are 12 reasons why you should join us on the Heartspring Campus on August 27th!
- CAREfest takes two Wichita staples (PedalFest and the Autism CARE Walk) and combines them into a fun-filled day for the whole family.
- Did you say free? Both the Autism CARE Walk and the 5K family ride are completely free of charge!
- It’s a new and improved Autism CARE Walk. We will have fun activities and stations along the walk. If you fill out your Autism CARE Walk punch card by stopping at the stations, you’ll be entered in a raffle to win prizes from local businesses.
- If you want to stick around for the whole day, general admission is just five dollars online and gets you access to Spring City, stage entertainment, food trucks, a beverage garden, a car show and more.
- What is Spring City you ask? Well, it’s a family area filled with activities for your little ones including science experiments with Exploration Place, barrel race and lasso games with cowboys and more fun for the whole family.
- We’ve got an awesome stage lineup from family yoga to Tanganyika animal ambassadors to music by DJ Carbon and Groove 42—we have something for every member of your family.
- Do you have a cyclist in the house? PedalFest has three rides (25K, 50K, 100K) through the scenic Wichita countryside. Riders are fully supported with SAG Stops and mechanical assistance. Your PedalFest registration also gets you a T-shirt, a general admission ticket, breakfast, lunch and your first drink at the beverage garden!
- More of a runner? We’ve got you covered with our 5K! And all 5K participants get a T-shirt and general admission ticket.
- Who doesn’t love a good car show? General admission also gets you access to the Heartspring car show and all the unique and cool cars that participate.
- We will have some of the best Wichita food trucks parked and ready for lunch or dinner! Throughout the day, The ‘Berg Shave Ice Bus, The Big Nerd, The Brown Box Bakery, Face Stuffers Food Wagon, Funky Monkey Munchies, Kona Ice Greater Wichita, the Snack Shake and Taters n Toppings will all be joining us at CAREfest.
- Need something for mom and dad? We are working with Shaken Or Stirred to create a beverage garden for some 21+ refreshments.
- At the end of your summer-fun-filled day, you’ll know it was for a great cause. All of the funds raised at CAREfest will be going back to Heartspring and the family and children we serve. Whether you advocate for individuals impacted by autism in the Autism CARE Walk, ride in PedalFest or just spend the day with your family—you’ll be making a difference.
Thank you for helping us create hope and opportunity that changes the lives of children with special needs and their families.
Click here to register!
Want to do more?
Have a high school student who needs volunteer hours? We are always looking for volunteers for the event. You can sign up here.
CAREfest is powered by Cox and presented by Emprise Bank
Heartspring’s CAREfest is a fundraising festival packed with fun and events for everyone.
Set the pace at one of our PedalFest bike rides or the 5K Run. Walk for children and families impacted by autism in the Autism CARE Walk. Enjoy food, music, and activities for the whole family.
Heartspring lifts up children with a variety of intellectual, developmental, physical, and behavioral needs through therapeutic and educational services. Funds from CAREfest help all departments at Heartspring succeed, including the Heartspring Therapeutic School, Outpatient Services and Family Services and Community Outreach.