This article is sponsored by Central Christian Academy Preschool in Wichita, KS.
I hear it all the time: “Really? School so young?”
I get it, but here’s what I see every day as a preschool director: early childhood education changes lives.
Research has proven that early education has long-term impact on a child’s development. Even as young as 2 ½-years-old, Central Christian Academy Preschool sets the stage for academic achievement, social and emotional growth, and helps to foster independence – all this while our program is discipling a foundation of faith.
Why Preschool Before Age 4?
- Literacy & phonological awareness: While a three-year-old isn’t reading or writing yet, everything they are doing is preparing them for the future necessary skills to do so. In the 4 & 5-year-old classes, students use Handwriting Without Tears curriculum.
- Fine motor: Strengthening hand muscles is a pre-writing skill. If a child doesn’t have adequate fine motor skills, correctly using a pencil to write will be a challenge no matter their age. Studies are showing the increase of screens has been detrimental to developing fine motor skills at home.
- Gross motor: Supports cognitive development as children must use problem-solving skills and spatial awareness to coordinate movements.
Social and Emotional Skills:
- Modeling emotional regulation: Students practice how to express emotions in a way that is appropriate and observe positive coping strategies from loving teachers.
- Providing consistent routines: Clear expectations help preschoolers know they are secure. This confidence supports their ability to regulate their big emotions.
- Social skills: Preschool gives endless opportunities for sharing, taking turns, and peer cooperation.
- Encouraging self-help skills: Students are encouraged to do as much as possible on their own. Students can do more than we think!
- Practicing decision making skills: Choices are the name of the game! CCAP provides opportunities for children to be guided in making age-appropriate decisions.
- Opportunities for creativity: Exploration, creative art, and hands-on activities allow young learners to be engaged from the very beginning, fostering an early love of learning. Bonus: the shaving cream and paint are on our floors and not yours!
Why Choose Central Christian Academy Preschool?
- Christ-centered, biblically-based worldview. CCAP desires to partner with the Christian home and local church to educate and equip students to reach their full academic, physical, and spiritual potential in Jesus Christ. In addition to Bible curriculum and monthly chapel, biblical concepts are integrated in the classroom every day.
- Start them young! Enrollment begins at just 2 ½ years-old (fully potty trained).
- Individual attention. Our younger classes have a 1:6 teacher-to-student ratio, with a maximum of 12 students. Older classes have a 1:8 teacher-to-student ratio, with a maximum of 16 students (state of Kansas allows a ratio of 1:10, with up to 20 students per classroom).
- Well-rounded. CCAP has educators solely teaching specials classes: music, P.E., and stem-based science. Because spiritual, cognitive, emotional, physical and social needs are all integrally related, CCAP staff and teachers nurture a whole child approach to education.
- Academic excellence. CCAP teachers are trained to provide activities that are developmentally appropriate for young learners. Because early learning happens best by doing, CCAP utilizes hands-on center activities.
- Fully accredited. CCAP is the only ACSI accredited preschool in the state of Kansas. Since many half day preschools are exempt from state licensing, we value the educational accountability accreditation provides. Learn more about what ACSI is here.
Learn More About CCAP
Click here to learn more about tuition and class schedules.
Note: MWF morning classes and PRE-K classes are already at capacity. Call Paige Floyd (316-688-1161) to discuss other placement options.
Click here to begin an application or request more information
For more information about student life and academics, visit our website at ccapreschool.org.
Central Christian Academy Preschool is a ministry of Central Christian Church. We provide 3-hour sessions in the morning or afternoon where your child can grow in their knowledge of Jesus Christ and the world He has created for them.