Thank you to Blast Off Bay Indoor Water Park for inviting us to come out to check out the attraction!
Wichita Area’s NEW Indoor Water Park
Goddard, KS – Wichita’s newest attraction, an indoor water park, is open and ready for families! The brand new, space-themed Blast Off Bay is open in Goddard, and Spring Break is a great time to check it out with the whole family. They are offering a special spring break discount: use discount code SpringBreak23, to save 23% on your whole order.
We are pretty excited to have this attraction in Wichita (Goddard) and think it is a great addition to the community!
Special Features for All Ages
We brought kids ages 4-10 and stayed much longer than originally anticipated – they all loved the park and didn’t want to leave! There were essentially three sections, and each was loosely geared toward specific age groups. There was a littles area with gradual entry and shallow water for those under 5, middle section for the elementary school kiddos, and then the slide and surfing section (with height requirements of 48″). The tube slides are nearly 30 feet tall, 300 feet long, and one can be ridden with a friend on an inter tube. Also there is a surf simulator for the bigger kids and adults.
There are 11 slides ranging from mild for children to wild for teens.
Bonus Feature for Parents: The AstroBar where you can get beer, cocktails, frozen margaritas & daiquiris while hanging out in the hot tub.
Tips for Parents
- There are height restrictions of 48″ on some of the features like the bigger water slides and surf simulator. It’s always helpful to know before booking tickets and to prep the kiddos in advance.
- There are changing rooms (essentially bathroom stalls plus lockers) where you can change in and out of your wet swim gear.
- We got to try the pizza – our little crew of 4 ate every last piece with slices as big as their face. It was delicious. (And the frozen margarita from the AstroBar was quite the treat as well).
- Flotation devices are allowed but must be labeled as coast guard approved.
- You cannot bring in snacks of your own – we accidentally had some in the bottom of our purse and had to take them to the car. Helpful to know ahead of time!
- Parents don’t have to get in the water – there are tables to hang out. But of course you certainly can, and we recommend cruising the lazy river.
You can see the cost, depending on the day you choose to visit, here.
Spring Break Discount Code
They are offering a discount for Wichita Area spring break using code SpringBreak23, to save 23% on your whole order.
Check out more spring fun here happening in and around Wichita!