This article is sponsored by Capitol Federal® Savings Bank.
It is never too early to teach the concept of money and healthy financial habits to our children. And Wichita Mom is thrilled to be partnering with Capitol Federal® to work together to help Wichita kids understand the importance of managing and saving money, as well as charitable giving.
We feel it’s critical to begin teaching healthy financial habits to children at an early age, and we are asking you to join us in opening a savings account for each of your children. From June 22 – August 2, a child may visit any Capitol Federal® branch in the Wichita market area to open a Blue Bucks® Kids’ Savings account and receive a FREE sundae treat coupon from Andy’s Frozen Custard, a free ice cream bowl from Capitol Federal, and have the opportunity to vote for one of three Wichita non-profit organizations to ‘give back.’
Financial Literacy Save + Give Campaign
Who: You are invited! From June 22-August 2, we invite Wichita families to visit any Capitol Federal® branch in the Wichita market to open a Blue Bucks Kids’ Savings account!
Where: Any Capitol Federal branch in the Greater Wichita area (including Derby, Andover and Maize).
When: June 22 – August 2, 2020.
Why? What better way to teach children important life lessons than to provide real world experience and hands on, tangible learning!
The Saving Details
- Eligibility: Youths between the age of 0-13 are eligible to open a Blue Buck Kids’ Savings account. *Minimum of $25 needed to open savings account.
- Head to your nearest CapFed®. Scroll down to Wichita to find the branch in your area.
- Your child can open his or her very own savings account and in return will receive a FREE sundae treat coupon from Andy’s Frozen Custard. Along with a free sundae coupon, guests will receive a free ice cream bowl from Capitol Federal *while supplies last.
- Make sure to bring your child(ren)’s social security card and birth certificate to open their very own savings account.
The Giving Details
1. After opening their savings account, your child can then vote for one of the following local organizations:
2. Capitol Federal will make a charitable donation to the organization that receives the most votes after August 2nd.
Upon opening a savings account, each child will receive:
- A FREE sundae treat coupon from Andy’s Frozen Custard.
- A FREE ice cream bowl gift from Capitol Federal *while supplies last for sundae coupon and bowl.
- The opportunity to vote for a local organization for the potential to receive a charitable gift.
- Enrollment in the Blue Bucks Kids’ Club to earn rewards and receive quarterly activity newsletters.
Join us in our goal to instill healthy financial habits in our children!