Coming up with fun date night ideas is hard enough during “precedented times” – let alone in winter during a global pandemic! Check out these ideas below for indoor, outdoor & at-home date night fun.
Many locations have COVID-19 precautions in place, but contact them before you go to make sure you’re comfortable with the level of safety provided.
Winter Dates in the Wichita Area
- A huge hit every year – don’t miss the interactive screening of Elf at the Wichita Art Museum! The event will be virtual this year, so be sure to purchase your goodie bags in advance and make sure you can stream it at home.
2. Attend the Friends of the Wichita Art Museum Open House on December 6th!
3. Enjoy a Victorian Christmas at Cowtown! Stagecoach rides, hot chocolate, carolers, and more! This event has been cancelled. Cowtown will still be open to the public & decorated for Christmas, but the event will not be held due to updated community COVID restrictions.
4. Be part of the action in Prairie Pines’ current murder mystery: Curtains at the Christmas Pageant.
5. See Botanica in a whole new “light”! One of our favorite winter dates is Illuminations where you can take in the gardens at night during and enjoy drinks, nibbles and live music, too! A new drive-thru option is available in 2020 as well.
6. Head to Roxy’s Downtown for appetizers, drinks, and The Kyle & Monte Christmas Musical!
7. Grab takeout from your favorite locally-owned restaurant and enjoy a virtual holiday concert or show from The Orpheum.
8. See a new take on Tchaikovsky’s winter classic The Nutcracker: Short & Suite Nutcracker! This in-person event has been replaced by a virtual option. Details available here.
10. Hit the ice! Bundle up and go skating at the Chicken N Pickle Ice Pond outdoors!
For more holiday and Christmas events in and around town, check out our
Ultimate Holiday Guide to Holiday and Christmas Events in Wichita!
Make sure you never miss out on things to do in Wichita: subscribe to our weekly Wichita Moms newsletter! Be the first to know about our exclusive events, special offers and discounts, neighborhood group activities and, of course, local resources and parenting voices powered by local Wichita moms!