Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremonies in Wichita 2022
There is nothing like a traditional Christmas tree lighting to kick off the holiday season. Find out where to go below!
November 17 at 5:30pm
- Toy drive (Please bring a new toy; drop boxes will be on site)
- Lighting of the Douglas bridge train
- Photos with Santa
- Carriage rides
- A live reindeer
- Interactive kids’ station
- Hot cocoa and cookies
- Music from local choirs and artists
- Pop-up Christmas Tent
November 20 at 5:30pm
Join us for our annual Tree Lighting Ceremony in partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities during our first Holiday Stroll of the year on November 20th.
We’ll be hosting festive events all day as we lead up to the lighting of the famous 30-foot Bradley Fair Tree.
- Complimentary horse-drawn carriage rides from 2 – 10 PM
- Character appearances from 3 – 5 PM
- Photos with Santa from 5 – 7 PM
- Live entertainment on the Plaza by the –Studio Singers starting at 5 PM
- A performance by Music Theater Wichita at 6 PM
- Glow stick fun
- Face-painting from 5 – 7 PM
- Hot cocoa
Please register in advance for this free event at the link below so we know to expect you! Registration is not required but is appreciated.
November 20 at 6pm
Afterward everyone is invited to the Crenshaw’s for goodies and something warm. (1912 W. Anita Ave.)
November 21 at 6pm
Join Mayor Randy White for the 17th Annual Tree Lighting on Nov. 21 at 6 p.m. This kickoff to the holiday season will have the Mayor lighting the tree as well as free cookies, cocoa (with toppings provided by Lange Real Estate), kettle corn, food trucks, and holiday music as you walk around the park and enjoy the lights. The Derby High School Marching Band ensemble will perform as well. They are raising funds to attend a band trip in the spring.
Questions? Call Public Works at 788-0301 or email [email protected]
November 29 at 6pm
Help us kick off the holiday season with the Lighted Christmas Parade in Downtown Augusta. This year’s theme is Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree. Gather your groups, organizations, businesses and friends to put a display in the parade.
It’s FREE to enter and you can win prizes! $300 for first place, $200 for Second Place and $100 for third place. Santa and his reindeer will make their debut and make a stop at the Augusta Historical Museum to hear what the kiddo’s want for Christmas!
The Augusta Lions Club will help keep you warm with some cocoa as well! The parade starts at 6:00pm but you want to come down early to get a good spot – do a little Christmas Shopping at our local small businesses – and grab a hot cup of cocoa from the Augusta Arts Council at the Arts Center.
December 4 at 5pm
A holiday event celebrating you and the beautiful Arkansas River. Purchase and release a floating light on the river near the Wichita Boathouse.
Food trucks, free wagon rides, s’mores, visit with Santa, and music. the finale will be a beautiful light display and release of the floating lights. Proceeds from the floating lights go to Ark River water quality improvements.
December 8 at 4:30pm
December 10 at 5pm
- Roast s’more by one of the fire pits
- Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus and take your photo
- Watch out for the Grinch, he’ll be lurking about the park
- Drink hot cocoa and listen to holiday music
- Stop by our festive photo booth for a selfie
- Write and send a letter to the North Pole
- Munch on candy canes walking around Naftzger ParkBONUS! The Mayor’s Tree Lighting will start at 5pm. Watch the iconic tree light up then stay for the festivities!