February is typically a month we celebrate love – check out our Ultimate Date Idea Guide for date night ideas for you and your sweetie or help planning your Galentines celebrations. Check out contributor Megan’s take on celebrating Black History Month with her girls, and some great ideas for Valentine’s Day here, here and here!
February 2018 Events in Wichita
Feb 1-4: Come see all the RVs and camping fun at the Wichita Sport Show.
Feb 1-3: Wichita Children’s Theatre presents Rapunzel for your fairy tale-loving littles.
Feb 1: Daniel and all his neighborhood friends are coming to the Orpheum.
Feb 2: End the kiddo’s week with story time, craft, snack and relaxation during Yoga for Kids.
Feb 3: Botanica is having a free winter party during Family Fun Fair.
Feb 3: All your big kids (and the moms and dads) will love celebrating Harry Potter Book Night.
Feb 3: All the tricks, stunts and dunks for your entertainment are at the Harlem Globetrotters.
Feb 6: Sculpt and build with your preschooler at WAM’s Art Start.
Feb 8: Time for a fabulous and fashionable girls’ night out at Apricot Lane.
Feb 9: Tou-can dance too at this dance party for littles.
Feb 9: Watch “Some Pig” and a great spider too in Charlotte’s Web.
Feb 10: If you’ve never experienced a Fearless and Female self-defense class, here’s a free opportunity.
Feb 10: PBS is becoming a little more Pinkalicious and Peterific and you can take your kids to the premiere!
Feb 10: Dads, get spiffed up to take your daughters out for a Daddy Daughter Dance.
Feb 12: Assemble your smartest friends for 80s Teen Movie Trivia Night.
Feb 13: More theatre fun for kids, this time in Derby – The Three Little Pigs.
Feb 13: Join the community at the library for a story and craft centered around Black History Month.
Feb 15: Watch the oldie but goodie Sleepless in Seattle at the Orpheum.
Feb 15: Explore all the amazing activities at Discovery Night 2018.
Feb 17: Your child can gain confidence while reading to a furry friend at the Humane Society.
Feb 17: Your daughter has the chance to learn a dance and perform during WSU halftime!
Feb 17: The annual Police v. Firefighters hockey game is taking place at Intrust.
Feb 22: Celebrate C.C. the gorilla’s first birthday at the zoo.
More events will be added as the month goes on – check back soon!
Neighborhood Group Meet-Ups
Wichita Neighborhood Mom Groups are having all kids of activities in your neighborhood and connecting online to share recommendations and advice. Click here to join your Neighborhood Group, and see below for what’s going on near you this month.
The North Wichita/Bel Aire Group will be meeting up for Tot Tuesday on February 6.
Regularly Scheduled Programming:
Many local places have recurring events that are great for moms and families, and you can find them here:
- Aviate has Junior Jump Monday through Friday for the younger crowd.
- Botanica has a Sunny Days Storytime every Thursday morning.
- Sensory Friendly play at Exploration Place on the second Sunday of every month
- Urban Air has Jumparoo Toddler Jump every Tuesday and Friday.
- Home Depot has a free Kids’ DIY workshop on the first Saturday of every month.
- Family Night at Museum of World Treasures is the first Thursday of the month.
- Every Friday the Kansas Aviation Museum has a special ticket price for families.
- Make ICT has free access to their makerspace every other Monday.
- Celebrate Science Friday at Blue Baboon Books with a craft and non-fiction story.
- Kansas Children’s Service League has a support group for Parents of Special Needs Children on the third Monday of every month.
- Moxi Junction hosts story and craft time every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:30am.
- Local libraries have story times almost every day: check out our Guide to Wichita Story Times.