This article is sponsored by TOP Early Learning Centers.
Regardless of the size of your paycheck, Wichita area moms will find TOP Early Learning Centers provide the highest quality care and early education, to children ages one to five, at a price just about anyone can afford. And, with three locations within our beautiful city, there’s bound to be one convenient for you.
Since 2003, TOP has been serving Wichita area families just like yours. Families who want to create a happier and more enjoyable life for themselves. TOP isn’t a chld care center. It is a place where struggling families are given an opportunity for a better life, and children are taught good school habits and are given a solid foundation for learning so they get a fair start in kindergarten.
Annual studies show that TOP students are better prepared for school than their peers, less likely to need special education, less likely to repeat a grade, and less likely to have repeat office visits when they enter public schools.
On average, 20% of three and four-year-olds enter TOP proficient in social development, mathematical thinking, social studies, scientific thinking, and language/literacy. However, 88% of them graduate from TOP with these proficiencies. You will be hard pressed to find another preschool that even measures these outcomes.
With respect, love, and care, TOP’s teachers and staff prepare children for success in kindergarten and beyond by serving nutritious meals and snacks, helping children develop large and small motor skills through exciting activities, teaching appropriate social interactions, and providing a developmentally appropriate curriculum – all in a fun, safe, caring, environment.
TOP not only cares for the children it serves but also for the parents, connecting them to community resources that will assist them in improving their lives and even providing college scholarships to those who qualify.
What Sets TOP Early Learning Centers Apart
- We have early learning centers located in three Wichita residential areas: TOP Early Learning Centers are located at 4600 S. Clifton Ave, 2330 Opportunity Dr, and 2165 N Arkansas.
- Our centers offer full-day, year-round care for working families with Monday throgh Friday hours from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- We provide breakfast lunch and a snack, prepared in our on-site kitchens and served to the children in their classrooms family style.
- Our buildings are equipped with safety measures including security coded doors going into the classrooms.
- Classrooms are staffed by a lead teacher, an assistant teacher and, as possible, an additional experienced adult.
- We maintain low student/teacher ratios:
- 5:1 for one- to two-year-olds
- 8:1 for 2.5 year-olds
- 12:1 for 3-5 year-olds
- We base our tuition on a sliding scale and honor DCF funding.
- Our Open Windows Learning Studios (OWLS) is a place where children learn through exploration and investigation, inspiring them through play and the use of inquiry-based methods to answer their questions and fuel their creativity.
- We employ the highest-quality teachers.
- All of TOP’s teachers receive regular professional development training and most have degrees.
- Literacy is taught through prominent early learning curriculum recognized by local public schools.
The Opportunity Project (TOP) is a 501 c (3) charity based in Wichita, Kansas. TOP Early Learning Centers provide educational day care and preschool in some of Wichita’s poorest areas – Oaklawn, Evergreen, and north central Wichita. Dedicated to creating school readiness for at-risk children, TOP’s mission is to deliver a high-quality early learning experience to children living in poverty, providing them the tools needed for emotional, academic, and lifelong success. For more information, call 316-522-8677 or visit www.TOPELC.com and take a virtual tour.