Looking for a fun activity to kill time? If you’ve got Harry Potter fans in your house, you should give this free digital escape room a try!
We’ve read the books, watched the movies, and even visited Platform 9 ¾ in London, so during our extended time at home, an escape room was the perfect afternoon activity.
It’s best done on a laptop or desktop computer, but you can do it on a phone or tablet as long as you can open multiple windows and toggle between them. Have paper and a pencil ready, too!
I’d put the puzzles and math questions around a 4th-5th grade level but it I think it would entertain middle schoolers, too. My 9-year-old and I completed it together in 20 minutes. Play as a family or have older kids go head-to-head to see who can get out first!
It’s only available during the COVID-19 stay-at-home/shelter in place orders, so don’t sleep on it! The library that created it must remove it once the coronavirus threat has passed.
Ready to play the Hogwarts Digital Escape Room? Click here!
Other Fun Harry Potter Activities to Try at Home
- Want to find out your Hogwarts House? Click here to take the free quiz!
- Listen to the first book in the series for FREE on Audible!
- Learn how to draw a niffler.
- Try the Harry Potter word search.
- Buy a new Harry Potter board game or LEGO set.
- Attempt a new recipe from the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook!
- Order some chocolate frogs, jelly slugs, or Bertie Bott’s Beans for a fun sweet treat!
Make sure you never miss out on things to do in Wichita: subscribe to our weekly Wichita Moms Blog newsletter! Be the first to know about our exclusive events, special offers and discounts, neighborhood group activities and, of course, local resources and parenting voices powered by Wichita moms!